Best tree swings
If you have children, then you are probably familiar with the fact that you need to keep them entertained, especially when they are at an even with a lot of energy to burn and nothing to do. While there are plenty of means of entertainment indoors, most parents are focusing on getting their children outdoors. It is healthier for both mind and body, and the kids can stay away from all the technology that keeps them entertained inside the house. A tree swing may do the trick.
A tree swing may seem like a simple device, and it has been around since ever. However, we must not underestimate its ability to provide fun for our children. After all, children go straight to the swing (most of them) when they arrive at the park. That is why I think it is best if you buy a tree swing for your backyard. Of course, that implies that you already have a tree that is big enough to hang the swing of. If not, you may want to look for another type of swing.
Types of tree swings
Even if the tree swing has been around for ages, the modern world brought some changes, mostly in design. You can find multiple types of swings these days, but that in itself is a good thing. The tree swings are broken down into three main categories.
The classic tree swing
This is the most common that you see in people’s backyards. It has two ropes that hang from the tree, and at the bottom, there is a plank made of wood or plastic on which the child can sit comfortably while swinging. While they are the most common, they are not the safest for small children. At a young age, kids do not have the ability to hold on to the rope adequately, and accidents can happen. However, there is a simple solution for young children. You can purchase a tree swing that has a plastic or rubber chair instead of the plank.
The tire swing
This is yet another type of tree swing that is as old as it gets. It is a more economical solution since you can take one of your car’s old tires and buy some rope from the hardware store. The rope is cheap, and the tire is basically free. Your only concern is to secure the rope to the tree. If you do decide to do that, just make sure that you tie the rope properly. Other than that, your kid should have a lot of fun. At the same time, tire swings cannot be used by small children. If the plank tree swing is tricky to use by small children, tire swings are even more so.
The web swing
The last main category is the web swing. It is destined for children with ages above 5 years old. That is because the sitting area is nothing but a web made of ropes on which up to 3 children can stay. It is also called a spinner swing because it can spin pretty fast. The structure is nothing but a large circle. Even so, it is still pretty safe if you follow the recommendations.
The benefits of buying a tree swing
It is hard to believe that I need to persuade you to buy a tree swing. After all, this is your child we are talking about, and you should know best. However, there are a few benefits in buying a tree swing for your own backyard. Here are just a few:
- Your child will spend more time outside – as parents, one of our primary concerns is to keep our kids as far as possible from technology. Not all day every day, of course, but at a young age, it is more important for your child to play outside than or the tablet or computer. A tree swing may help you achieve that. As long as the child has a means of entertainment outside, of course, he or she will want to get out of the house.
- You do not have to take your kids to the park – at least not everytime your child wants to get in the swing. Having a swing in your backyard can actually save you a few trips to the park. It is imperative for your child’s social skills and general development to go to the park, but your trips will not be as often if you get your kids his or her own tree swing.
- It is fun – while this may be the last item on my list, I think it is the most important. Childhood should mark a happy time in the child’s life, and the more fun you provide, the happier your children will be. It is vital for their mental health to be happy, and if a cheap and simple tree swing can achieve that, then by all means, get your kids a tree swing. It is a small price to pay for their happiness, don’t you think?
What to consider when buying a tree swing
While a tree swing may seem like a basic item, it does not mean you can buy the first product you see. After all, this is your kids’ safety we are talking about, and you need to make sure that every precaution is taken. That is why there are a few things you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Safety – this should be the first thing you need to think of. Security is crucial, no matter the age of the children who will be using the tree swing. You would be surprised how many injuries children can acquire while playing on a Of course, it matters what type of swing you purchase, but even so, you do not need the trouble. The most important aspect to look at is the installation mechanism. The installation must be secure with steel rings and everything. A knot is not enough by anyone’s standards.
- Size – not all tree swings have the same size, and the factor you need to consider here is the height of the tree you are going to hand the swing of. If you read the manual on every trees wing you look at, you will see that there is a recommended height you can install the swing. You can shorten the length of a swing, but only as long as you do not interfere with the installation mechanism.
- Chain vs. rope – this one is tricky because both of them have pros and cons. The chain can hurt the fingers if one of them gets blocked in a ring, and the rope can burn the hands. My opinion is that as long as you teach your child basic safety measures, either one of them is suitable.
What are the best tree swings?
If you are in the market for the best tree swing, you have come to the right place. All you need is to follow a simple set of rules and take into consideration the information given above. Always read the specifications and some tree swings reviews online may help as well. If none of that is something you would do, you can choose one of the products below. They are all safe and overall excellent products.
Sorbus Spinner Swing
This is one of those swings that can be installed both indoors and outdoors, and you can put it on a swing set. At the same time, you can hang it from a tree. Its design makes it fun whether you have a child or tree. The web has a weight capacity of 220 pounds, so you can easily use it as an adult as well.
The tree swing from Sorbus has a round design and a diameter of 40 inches. It provides hours of fun for your kids because it can spin as well as swing. However, nothing stops you from using for reading or just pure relaxation. Even if the seat is just a web made of ropes, it is still comfortable enough and stable.
The Sorbus swing is very easy to install. The assembly is quick, and its design allows an ultra-safe installation. At the top, the ropes have steel rings which connect to a firm suspension rope up to 63 inches long from the base to the connection point. You can hang it almost everywhere, and the disassemble is just as easy when you want to put it in storage. The package includes all the mounting hardware, and it should not take you more than a few minutes to put it up or take it down.
Pacearth Swing Seat with Tree Hanging Straps
The tree swing from Paceearth is a more conventional swing, but even so, I can guarantee that your kids will love it. The package arrives with two extra hanging straps. The installation is easy to achieve, and you should spend just a few minutes on it. No tools are required. All you need is a large enough tree. The length of the ropes is adjustable. The rope is made of durable polyester for your peace of mind.
The weight capacity of this tree swing is 600 pounds. You do not have to worry that the chains will break down. Even more, the chains are rust free so that they do not weaken in time. They are zinc-plated and are covered with thermoplastic to prevent corrosion. Even so, they are comfortable to touch.
The seat of the tree swing is soft but safe. It is made of EVA plastic so that it is comfortable and durable at the same time. It will not crack or break. It is u-shaped for even more comfort. The surface of the seat has a non-slip coating for even more safety. The overall design is flexible, and I am sure your kids will enjoy it very much. With that weight capacity, so can you.
Happy Pie Play&Adventure Children to Adult Hanging Swing
Lastly, the tree swing from Happy Pie Play&Adventure has a more classic design. It has a plank made of pine wood, and it looks pretty classy. The wood measures 17.32 inches in length, 6.89 inches in width, and 0.55 inches in depth. The rope can be installed to reach up to 70.8 inches. Since this is a wooden seat, the maximum capacity is 200 pounds. Even so, the dimensions and weight capacity makes this tree swing suitable for both children and adults.
The Happy Pie Play&Adventure swing provides an excellent means of fun and relaxation. It looks very good in your backyard, and the oversized design is supposed to ring your comfort. You can hang it both indoors and outdoors, and the installation can be achieved in minutes.
This tree swing’s height can be adjusted from 46 inches to 70.8, and the height of the tree or the playset should not be under 59 inches. As long as you follow the manufacturer’s recommendations, you and your child will be able to use the tree swing safely.
No matter which one of the three products you choose, I am sure you will be happy with your choice. However, if I were you, I would go with the Pacearth Swing Seat with Tree Hanging Straps. It seems to be the sturdier from the three, mainly because of its considerable weight capacity. Even so, it is comfortable and well-constructed. I think it is one of the best tree swings you can buy for your kids.
A tree swing may not seem much to you, but for a child, it can mean loads of fun. They are all quite affordable, and your kids’ happiness will make the expense insignificant. I am sure that no matter which one you by, your kid will be very happy about it. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Good, the Bad and Outdoor Tree Swings for Adults
- The Ultimate Guide to Tree Swing Straps
- What You Have to Know About Hanging a Swing from a Tree and Why
- Why Everybody Is Mistaken Regarding Toddler Tree Swing
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Tire Swing Ideas
- Who’s Worried About Hanging a Tree Swing and Why You Should Care
- The Pitfall of Swing Tree
- The Most Incredibly Disregarded Answer for Swings for Trees in Backyard
- The Advantages of Best Rope for Rope Swing
- Tree Swings for Toddlers Fundamentals Explained
- Children ‘s Tree Swing Fundamentals Explained
- Gossip, Deception and Rope for Swing
- What to Expect From Tree Swings for Adults?
- Details of Rope Swing Seat
- The 5-Minute Rule for Swing for Tree Branch
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Tree Swing Hanging Kit
- What Everyone Else Does When It Comes to Outdoor Tree Swing and What You Must Do Different
- Why Everybody Is Mistaken Regarding Rope for Tree Swing
- What the Experts Are Saying About Tree Swings for Kids and How It impacts You
- Where to Find Kids Tree Swing
- The Upside to Baby Tree Swing
- The Insider Secrets for Tree Rope
- The Absolute Best Plan to Use for Tree Rope Swing
- Productive Tips for Rope Tree Swing That You Can Use Starting Today
- Underrated Questions About Wooden Tree Swing
- The Hidden Truth About Swing for Tree Uncovered by an Old Pro
- Key Pieces of Swing Rope
- Kids, Work and Tree Swing Seat
- A Easy Trick for Best Rope for Tree Swing Explained
- Secret Techniques for Tree Swing Rope Only the Experts Know
- Outrageous Tree Swings for Sale Tips
- A Review of Hanging Swing
- The Insider Secret on Tree Swing Kit Revealed
- The Good, the Bad and Rope Swing
- The Ultimate Solution for Tree Swing You Can Learn About Today